Wednesday, April 14, 2021

14 Days of Peloton: Day 6

I have decided that because I hate the pilates class so much, I will take it before my workouts to motivate me to be better at things. After all, it is only ten minutes long. How bad can that be?

I realize that categorizing things in time limits is not always helpful. Getting waterboarded for ten minutes is probably terrible. Better than twenty minutes, for sure, but also much worse than zero minutes. I am nearly a week into doing these workouts and I realize that my inner thighs hurt and walking is difficult.

But on the plus side, my shoulder pain which is pretty much omnipresent hasn't been bothering me at all, and I attribute this to actually using my arms for things! Even if it's not using the weights, which I don't do in any of the classes, because it seems impossible and I am certain Hannah's weights are not weights at all but props, because no human can physically lift five pounds in the fashion she recommends for any extended period of time.

I have also started to rank the classes in order of which ones are better to take on which days, the days being categorized as:

1. I Don't Want To Do This But I Should

2. I Really Don't Want To Do This But I Am In A Hell Of My Own Making

3. I Hate Everything About This And I Hope I Die Before The TV Boots Up

I think that perhaps today is the day I miss another class, but we have exactly 25 minutes before I need to get ready for dinner, which means I have exactly enough time for a 10 minute Pilates class and a 15 minute barre class.

I categorize my experience as #3 but the TV boots up and I do the workouts, and then I proceed to drink two martinis at dinner, continuing my journey as a paragon of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment